Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So, I realize I'm supposed to write just one blog a day - at least I think that's how it goes. But, sometimes I just get so riled up about something that happened 2 or 3 months ago that have to go ahead and say something. And, if that something happens to involve someone I know, well, no offense. Anyway, about one month before Annalina was born, I was aimlessly walking through Wal-mart (well, literally, I was trying to walk Annalina out of me), and I happened to walk into the frozen foods department. The store was fairly empty (cold, rainy day), but there was one 80+ year old man on a scooter at the end of the aisle. He starts yelling, "Help!!" Then he says it again, "Help!!" So, my 9-month pregnant self actually waddles towards him to see what I can actually help him with. Before I even get close (I wasn't moving all that fast at this point in pregnancy), an older woman at the opposite end of the aisle yells, "What do ya need??" Old man goes, "Where's the ravioli??"" Old woman - "Next Aisle!"
Really? You got my heart rate up for ravioli? The frozen kind? Actually, there's a bit more to this story....the week after Annalina was born, Damian and I were in Target looking for clothes for her, as she ended up being a little bigger than the 'newborn' size (see, I knew I was overdue!). We found a few outfits and made our way over to the pharmacy section to pick up baby vitamins for her. About 2 minutes later (wait for it), we hear, "Help!!" coming from the toilet paper aisle. You guessed it, the same man in a similar Target-style scooter was screaming for help while looking for his non-chafing toilet paper.

1 comment:

  1. People! Isn't it nice to just be "normal" :) glad you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete